Check out the calendar on the Our History Is Shared History website highlighting contributions from people for all 31 days in October to celebrate Black History Month. Just click on the day and learn more!
- Daniel Hale Williams – who performed the world’s first successful heart operation
- Arthur Wharton – worlds first professional black footballer
- Garrett Morgan – who invented the traffic light and gas mask
- Curtis Mayfield – the first black person to headline Glastonbury
- Philippa of Hainault – the first black Queen of England