London Thunder are happy to announce we are now are at Level 2 of the Basketball England Return to Play roadmap. Steve Bucknall, Director of Basketball said “We are glad to get slowly back on court. Over the last 2 weeks we have held trials for the club and we are now in a situation where we can offer drills, skills, team-based training all at the Thunderdome.”
We are always looking for new players so join us now!
What does Level 2 mean?
- Maximum of 30 people at the venue including players, coaches, support staff and officials. Ensure two adults are present at all practices involving under-18s.
- No spectators are permitted at this stage.
- Everyone should complete our pre-training/competition screening questionnaire and have their temperature taken outside the venue prior to be permitted entry.
- Full compliance with hygiene considerations including hand sanitiser on entry, regular disinfecting of heavily used areas.
- Coaches, team managers, medical staff must wear face masks
- Practice in small groups or ‘bubbles’ in training whenever possible, with groups working together throughout the session to reduce risk of transmission.
- Contact training should be limited to 20-minute intervals with clear breaks to clean down equipment.
- Social distancing rules apply if not on the court in a playing capacity. During game play, players must be socially distanced on benches/chairs when not in a playing capacity and time-outs must be conducted on the court ensuring players are adequately spaced.
- To lower the frequency of bodily contact, players/teams must have no handshakes, celebrations/high fives.
- Shouting is not permitted in the sports hall due to the increased risk of aerosol transmission.
- No congregating once training, or game has ended.
- Clear signage must be established at the venue to ensure a singular flow of people in and out of the venue.