Get Busy With Us this Summer! FREE basketball activities!
From 27th July through to August 14th you can join us for an exciting mix of basketball and workshops.
On offer is 1 week of 3 hours sessions, morning (9.30am – 12.30pm) or the afternoon (1.30pm – 4.30pm)
Week 1: 27th – 31st July
Week 2: 3rd – 7th August
Week 3: 10th – 14th August
Players will be in an organised group of up to 10 that will remain the same throughout the week.
Example Session will involve:
- Fundamental basketball skills
- Classroom workshop on a variety of topics
- Scrimmage game play
Safety comes first at London Thunder and during each session you will have the following staffing:
- 2 coaches – 1 to 10 ratio
- 1 site supervisor/admin/first aider
- This team will remain the same for each bubble group
Sessions are open to anyone aged between 11 -15 years old (by referral only) who fit any of the following criteria. If you feel you deserve a place, but don’t meet this criteria then please do contact us.
- Assessed as being in need under section 17 of the Children Act 1989, including children and young people who have a child in need plan, a child protection plan or who are a looked-after child.
- Have an education, health and care (EHC) plan and it is determined, following risk assessment, that their needs can be as safely or more safely met in the physical environment and planned activities.
- Assessed as otherwise vulnerable by educational providers or local authorities (including children’s social care services), and who could therefore benefit from attendance. This might include children and young people on the edge of receiving support from children’s social care services, adopted children, those at risk of becoming NEET (‘not in employment, education or training’), those living in temporary accommodation, those who are young carers and others at the provider and local authority’s discretion.
To join fill in our Signup Form and email it back to email@example.com
Also fill in the Player Protocol form and hand to your assigned Coach on arrival on the first day. You will not be allowed to play if this form has not been handed in on your first day.